From YouTube to Netflix
NOTE: All tickets sold are refundable. (Please read the important notes below)
Find out how to go from YouTube to Netflix in under 3 years with award-winning production company BananaMana. This workshop is proudly presented by Sony.
- Mini presentation on how BananaMana Films went from making YouTube videos, to their first commissioned series, to scripted originals up to their debut feature film
- The key areas to focus on during: pre-production, production, post, marketing and sales
- Leveraging technology to make premium content economically and efficiently
- Making STORY the most critical part
- Practical and technical tips and tricks from pre-production all the way to post production that can help launch user generated content to global platforms
- How to do almost everything in house and still win!
- Hands-on session with the latest Sony cameras
About Christian Lee
Christian Lee started out as a talent agent in San Francisco at Stars, The Agency, then went into advertising sales at CBS Network before studying acting at the William Esper Studio in NYC. He won Best Actor at the Rome Italy Asian Film Fest 2004 for the Singapore Film “Outsiders”, as producer he was awarded Best Family Feature at the Houston International Film Fest 2008 for the Chinese movie “Slam” (acquired by Sony International). He directed voice overs for Japanese Anime into English. As acquisitions programming manager, he secured foreign films for MediaCorp’s FilmArt. To hone his skills further as a writer, director, producer and editor he co-founded BananaMana Films, a multiple award-winning production company.
BananaMana Films is an award-winning production company that specializes in creating premium, aspirational Asian dramas in English for film, TV and web. Co-founded by writing, directing, producing and acting duo Jason Chan and Christian Lee.
Recently BananaMana Films just completed their debut feature film, Jimami Tofu (Officially selected at the 37th Hawaii International Film Festival coming this Nov 2017), which was filmed in Okinawa, Japan and Singapore, and follows the love story between a Chinese Singaporean chef, and a Japanese food critic woven around Okinawan Ryukyu Dynastic cuisine that holds the life medicine their broken hearts need to mend.
Their most prominent drama, Perfect Girl, started out as an independent web series made for SGD$1000, with a crew of 4 (inclusive of Jason and Christian who both acted in it). It went on to win 7 international awards and 17 nominations and achieved global distribution when it was picked up by Netflix and Korea’s NAVER TVcast. It became the first Singaporean drama to be picked up by Netflix and the first non-domestic web-drama on NAVER TVcast.
Sony Corporation is a leading
manufacturer of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information
technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music,
pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely
positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the
Since establishing our presence in Singapore in 1973, Sony has grown steadily over the years to become a leader in the electronics industry. Today, our Singapore operations include regional headquarters' functions, sales and marketing, IT and entertainment. We are strongly committed to enhancing our operations and contributing to the local economy and community.
For more information, please visit: www.sony.com.sg.
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once confirmed, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 7 October 2017, 12 pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee will be refunded, if not, it will be forfeited.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1. I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by *SCAPE Co. Ltd for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2. I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE Co. Ltd is able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3. I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE Co. Ltd to authorised third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4. I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5. I acknowledge that *SCAPE Co. Ltd own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6. If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd at the event site.
7. I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organised by *SCAPE Co. Ltd, to receive information on *SCAPE Co. Ltd benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, edm and/or post.
- The event description was updated. Diff#277183 2017-09-11 10:46:49